CS304 Assignment 1 Solution Spring 2017
There are broadly three kinds of vehicles:
- Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs)
- Heavy Duty Vehicles (HDVs)
Every vehicle has an engine and a gearbox. A gearbox is composed of pulleys working according to predefined gear ratios. Cars have smaller engines with 4-6 gears while Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs) have bigger engines with 4-8 gears. Heavy Duty Vehicles (HDVs) on the other hand, are designed to transport cargo thus have huge engines with 8-16 gears. The larger the numbers of gears the larger will the number of pulleys and vice versa.
The tasks you have to do are:
- Extract the main objects (entities) from the given scenario.
- Find the necessary attributes and functions that need to be associated with each object to implement the functionality mentioned above.
- Identify the relationships between these objects.
- Construct a final comprehensive Class diagram showing all objects and their relationships along with their attributes and functions.
- You have to use UML conventions to draw class diagram. The same has been followed in video lectures as well.