Advance Computer Architecture (CS501)
Assignment # 2
Total marks = 20
Deadline Date = December 9, 2014
Please carefully read the following instructions before attempting assignment.
Rules for Marking
It should be clear that your assignment would not get any credit if:
- The assignment is submitted after the due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
- Strict action will be taken if submitted solution is copied from any other student or from the internet.
1) You should concern recommended books to clarify your concepts as handouts are not sufficient.
2) You are supposed to submit your assignment in .doc format. Any other formats like scan images, PDF, zip, rar, bmp etc will not be accepted.
No assignment will be accepted after the due date via email in any case (whether it is the case of load shedding or internet malfunctioning etc.). Hence refrain from uploading assignment in the last hour of deadline. It is recommended to upload solution file at least two days before its closing date.
For any query, feel free to email at:
|Question No. 1 10 Marks|
Given are the assembly language instructions for Falcon-A processor. Write behavioral RTL description for each of the given instructions.
- Jpl r5, 
- Mul r3, r2, r1
- Div r5, r2, 6
- Load r4, [r3 +9]
- Shr r6, r3, 2
Question No. 2 10 Marks
Write assembly language instructions for Falcon-E processor to implement the given arithmetic expression.
C = ((5B + 4) ÷ 3) × 8ADOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE