In a very famous Option restaurant, they followed a specific system to speed up the preparation of meal.
The manager provides table to the customer either directly or by call reservations. Each table assigns a number
plate when it is reserved.
A device is place in the table. It has three functions i.e. Call, Take Order, Pay Bill. If we press Call button then
manager comes to the assigned table to resolve any issue regarding seating.
If we press Take Order then waiter takes order in a Notebook (a list of dishes and drinks ordered by the diner or
group of diners). Waiter must know that dishes that have been ordered are available or not. The system must
confirm the availability of dishes. If the dish not available then waiter should ask to change the order. Dishes to
be prepared are sent to the kitchen and drinks to the drink bar. Starters and main course orders are usually taken
together. Drinks and desert orders may be taken separately.
If we press Pay Order then we can pay our bill as cash or by credit card to the waiter. The system also keeps track
of the numbers of customers served by each waiter management can view these statistics.
Kitchen staff sees the dish orders on their screen and then prepare them in a proper sequence and confirm
preparation to the system when complete, similarly with the bar.
When a waiter sees the completion indications on his terminal he collects the item and then serves to the related
Question: 1 [5 Marks]
Derive functional requirements from the above scenario.
Solution: Function Requirement
- Using this system, Manager can provide table to the customer either directly or by call reservations.
- A device on the table will be the part of System. It has interface with three functions i.e. Call, Take Order, Pay Bill.
- System will show a number plate when it is reserved
- Call function engage the manager to resolve any issue regarding seating.
- System will provide the manager seating arrangement management System
Question: 2 [10 Marks]
On the basis of functional requirements, draw UML diagram.