HRM is the management of employees within an organization. At present stage all the Human Resource (HR) work for JS Group of Industries is managing manually. Each time to change employee information, the manager needs to update the record manually in different locations/ places, which is a tedious job for the HR manager and prone to errors.
As in the previous assignments we are develop a desktop based application for the GS Group of Industries. Now we are switching our context from the desktop based application to web based application.
In this assignment we are going to develop a web based application for the HR manager of JS Group of Industries.
- First of all set the directory structure for Apache tomcat
- You have to create “Index.html” contains 3 links i.e. Home, Personal Information and Contact Information
- Then create “Personal Information.html” file and “Contact Inofrmation.html” file
- After the creation of html files you are required to write Java servlet code.
- In java servlet code you have to write the java code that reads entered data from “form” and save it in database tables and also display the entered data on the screen.
- Personal Information form data will be saved in “PersonalInfo” table and Contact Information form data will be stored in “ContactInfo” table of “Employee” database respectively.
- Only use the template database provided with the assignment file. Make sure that there will be no modification in the database table or fields name.
Following Directory structure for Apache tomcat will be used:
- Place all the .java files in “Java files” folder.
- Place all the “.class files” in “classes” folder; which is sub folder of WEB-INF folder
- Develop the layout of website in html (as show in sample output)
- Your Apache tomcat must be installed in a Drive C as a root folder
- Use Notepad or Notepad++ for coding
- Tomcat installation guidelines kindly consult handouts and lectures
- Snapshots of the desired solution are given in the following pages
The below links can help you to understand and complete your solution.
Connection with the Database
- Inserting Data In Database table using Statement
In this program we are going to insert the data in the database from our java program in the table stored in the database.
- Retrieving Data from the table using Statement
In this program we are going to fetch the data from the database in the table from our java program.
- Inserting data from the HTML page to the database
In this program we are going to make program in which we are going to insert the values in the database table from the html form.