Question 1: (10 Marks)
You have to draw the flow chart of a Computerized Library Management System. Following are important steps to keep in mind.
- User will login to the system
- If login failed, he/she has to register as a new user
- After successful registration, online book catalogue will be displayed to the user
- If login successful, online book catalogue will be displayed
- User will search book from book catalogue
- If required book is available in the catalogue, user will request for issuance and book will be issued
- If required book is not available, user will request for purchase of the book
- After processing request for issuance or purchase, system will terminate.
Question 2: (5 Marks)
Following is the Data Flow Diagram (DFD) for Student Course Registration at University level.
Your task is to identify;
- External Entity / Entities
- Data Store(s)
External entities are: Student,
Process(s) are: enroll student, verify availability and, Confirmation registration.
Data store are: Course file