Assignment No. 02
Semester: Fall 2014
Compiler Construction CS606
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 08/12/2014
To learn and understand basic concepts of Parse Trees, Top Down Parsers, Predictive
Parsing, First and Follow Sets in building a Lexical analyzer.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit (zero marks will be awarded) if:
- The assignment is submitted after due date.
- The submitted assignment does not open or file corrupt.
- The assignment is copied (from other student or copy from handouts or internet).
- Student name and ID are not mentioned in the assignment file.
- It is in some format other than .doc or .docx(MS Word Document).
For any query about the assignment, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Question No 1: Marks 10
Consider the following grammar; you are required to write left most derivation of the string “aebb”.
Question No 2: Marks 10
Consider the following grammar for arithmetic expressions:
A à id X
X àA Y |ε
Y à- X | + X | / X | * X
Show the first set for the non-terminals X and Y in the grammar.DOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE