Eight people died when an aircraft crashed near Nadi airport this week.
The pilot and four passengers died when their twin-engined Beech craft Baron hit a power line. The plane then crashed into a car on a road near the airport, killing three more people.
Q2. Provide short, familiar conversational words for these fallacious phrases: (5)
1. Component elements
2. Embraces within its scope
3. A pedestrian excursion
4. Antagonist individuals
5. Juvenile members of the community
2:squeeze inside posibility
4: specific enemy
5:youthfull felow of group.
Q3. Journalists are constantly faced with problems of reporting facts and opinions. They must be able to distinguish between them. This is important in both gathering and writing news. Read the passage, and identify each sentence as fact (F), opinion (O), or fact and opinion (F/O). (5)
1. Alexander III, more commonly known as Alexander the Great, was one of the greatest military leaders in world history. 2. He was born in Pella, Macedonia. 3. The exact date of his birth was probably July 20 or 26, 56 B.C. 4. Shortly before his 33rd birthday, Alexander the Great died. 5. The cause of his death remains unknown
1. Alexander 3rd, more commonly known as Alexander the great, was one of the greatest military leaders in world history. (F)
2. He was born in Pella, Macedonia. (F)
3. The exact date of birth was probably July 20 or 26, 56 B.C. (O)
4. Shortly before his 33rd birthday, Alexander the Great died. (F)
5. The cause of his death remains unknown (O)
DOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE