Q.1 Write a paragraph of 150 to 200 words on ‘the effects of isolation on human life’.
THE EFFECTS OF ISOLATION ON HUMAN LIFE
Isolation in human life refers to loneliness or living alone. Isolation is a complex and usually unpleasant emotional response to loneliness or lack of companionship. Isolation typically includes anxious feelings about a lack of connectedness or communality with other beings, both in the present and extending into the future. As such, isolation can be felt even when surrounded by other people. The causes of loneliness are varied and include social, mental or emotional factors. Although in human life isolation effects in many ways.
Positive Effects of Isolation on Human Life
Community and society are a lot like food. We need it to survive. What is more, we seem to have a basic drive for it. Psychologists find that human beings have fundamental need for inclusion in group life and for close relationships. We are truly social animals. Some of the positive effects of isolation are as under.
- Isolation can cause us to seek Allah in a Deeper Way
We are so busy these days that we often leave little time even for prayers or for Islam. When we are alone Allah provide us opportunity to contact with him and to talk with our hearts and get undivided attention. Many times in the gospels we are told that we went away from Allah. We have never forget that Allah is with us. Allah says in Quran Surat e Talha verse 46:-
ى قَالَ لَا تَخَافَا إِنَّنِي مَعَكُمَا أَسْمَعُ وَأَرَ
Its meaning that: (Allah) Said : Fear Not. I am with you both, I here and I See.
- Isolation can create in us a Desire to Serve
When we are away from other people we can come to appreciate all of humanity more. If we learn in our loneliness we will have a sharpened sensitivity to others. Just as there is a time apart there is also a time to be in community.
Negative Effects of Isolation on Human Life
The upshot is, we function best when this social need is met. It is easier to stay motivated, to meet the varied challenges of life.
- Emotional Discomfort or Distress
A lack of close friends and a dearth of broader social contact generally bring the emotional discomfort or distress known as Isolation It begins with an awareness of a deficiency of relationships. This cognitive awareness plays through our brain with an emotional soundtrack. It makes us sad. We might feel emptiness.
- Negative impact on children
In children, it leads to all kinds of problems. Failure to be socially connected to peers is the real reason behind most school dropouts. It sets in motion a course on which children spin their way to outcast status and develop delinquency and other forms of antisocial behaviour.
Social isolation refers to a complete or near-complete lack of contact with and society for members of a social species. It is not the same as loneliness rooted in temporary lack of contact with other humans. Social isolation can be an issue for anyone despite their age, each age group may show more symptoms than the other as children are different from adults.
Social, psychological and medical research has now demonstrated conclusively that there is a direct correlation between the degree to which a person feels connected to others and their physical and mental health. Here are some of the most commonly known effects of NOT feeling a connection to others:
- Generally decreased feeling of vitality, less energy and feeling tired more often.
- Greater likelihood of chronic illness such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc.
- More frequent bouts of sickness, such as colds or flu, and longer recovery times.
- Longer recovery times from injury.
- Regular feelings of loneliness.
- Increased likelihood of depression.
- Decreased level of happiness and satisfaction with life in general.
- Shorter life spans.
Q.2 Choose the correct options according to the given instructions. (5 marks)
1. Which of the following terms shows gender biased language?
- Human being
2. Which of the following terms does not show gender biased language?
- One man show
3. Which of the following sentences lacks punctuation mark/s?
- He loves sociology, and he plans to major in that disciplinary area.
- A great many people may think that they are thinking; however, most are merely rearranging their prejudices.
- The heavy rain accompanied by hailing prevented us from leaving for work
4. Which of the following is the most commonly used punctuation mark?
- Semi colon
5. Which of the following is the correct sentence with reference to punctuation?
- The boy’s will go to the school tomorrow.
- The car costs $10000, I am going to buy it.
- This gift is “free”!
- What on earth are you doing! Stop!