Q1. Arrange the following parts of a letter in an appropriate order. (Marks 10)
|He purchased a coffee table and four dining-room chairs from us which your company delivered to his residence.|
|Dear Mr Zaid|
|I would be very grateful if you could reply as soon as possible, so that this matter can be resolved to everyone’s satisfaction.|
|Even though the items are insured, our reputation is at stake.|
|He has complained that the product arrived damaged.|
|We pride ourselves in the quality of our products and would like an explanation as to how this mishap occurred.|
Customer Services Manager
|I recently received a letter from Mr. Robinson, a valued customer of ours.|
Q2. Rewrite the following sentences by keeping in mind the idea of “Conciseness”.
- He dropped out of school on account of the fact that it was necessary for him to help support his family.
- It is expected that the new schedule will be announced by the bus company within the next few days.
- There are many ways in which a student who is interested in meeting foreign students may come to know one.
- It is very unusual to find someone who has never told a deliberate lie on purpose.
- Trouble is caused when people disobey rules that have been established for the safety of all.