loading...

MCM301 Differential Equations Assignment 2 Solution Spring 2013

Background:
Persuasive speaking craves us to do something. A persuasive speaker leads, evokes emotions and ask for audience commitment for a specific task. At times persuasive speeches are meant to earn passive agreement, such as persuading audience of the importance of some policy, value, or service. On the other hand, persuasive speeches aim for personal action, as in prompting people to join an association or institute, buy a product or service, or support a cause.
Task:
• You are supposed to write a comprehensive persuasive speech (at least 300 words) on the following topic:
“Go Green”
• “Going Green refers to an individual action that a person can consciously take to diminish harmful effects on the environment through consumer habits, behavior, and lifestyle. This can be attained by using environment friendly products and services.”
Solution : 

Before I deliver my speech, let me introduce may self. My name is Indrawati Husna. It is a great pleasure for me to be given the opportunity to deliver a speech entitled; Go Green.

As an individual, we can do many things to support and keep Going Green.

 

1. Eliminate “phantom loads” in your house.
When an appliance, such as a TV, computer, or microwave goes into its standby mode, it is still drawing power into your home. These power draws are known as phantom loads, and can increase your power bill without your getting the maximum use.

 

2. Stuff the fridge


What can you do to increase the energy efficiency of your refrigerator?

  • Stuff your fridge as full as you can. The food itself will insulate and keep the cold for longer than cooling the empty air. Freezers work more efficiently when there are frozen goods helping with keeping your items cold. A great way to do this is to stock up on foods like broths to keep everything cold.

3.  Wrap your water heater with old blankets
The blanket will act as an insulator and keep more of the heat inside of your water heater, instead of it being sloughed off as excess energy. The longer that you keep the water hot, the less energy is required to heat the water up for your next shower, laundry run, or dishwashing jaunt. While it’s true that you can purchase specialized materials for this, an old blanket will work just fine.

4. Replace your bulbs with CFLs as they burn out
Compact Fluorescents (CFLs) use less power than traditional incandescent bulbs, but it can be extremely expensive if you’re replacing everything at once. As they burn out, put in a new CFL instead of a round incandescent, and you’ll not only save money, but you’ll save power.

  • Compact fluorescent light bulbs use 50% – 80% less energy than incandescent light bulbs and last 10 times longer.

5. Shut off lights when not in use.
This one is easy in theory, but sometimes it’s hard to think about each time.

  • Incandescent bulbs are highly inefficient, transforming only 10% percent of the energy they use into light while the remaining 90% is turned into useless heat.


Take a few moments to shut off the light as you cross the threshold. The greenest activities that you can do are ones that you do on a daily basis. While changing over your water system to reclaim grey water and installing solar panels are definitely green, it’s the little things which can be done every day that will help even more in your going green efforts.

 

DOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE
loading...