- How do you see the importance of the Objectives Resolution (1949) in the constitutional history of Pakistan? Justify your answer with any five relevant points. 10 Marks
These points are really show the importance of “Objectives Resolution (1949)”
Objectives Resolution (1949) importance in Muslims lives is too much because of these mentioned points:
- It is a framework that provides mechanism to achieve goals for a better life of the people of Pakistan.
- Deployment of the Islamic Rules. (Authority should be delegated to the State trough its people under the rules set by Allah).
- In the favor of Muslim to live according to their Islamic life. (Muslims shall live their lives according the teaching of Quran and Sunnah).
- The Resolution pledged to give the due respect and rights to the minorities, backward and depressed classes in the benign society of Pakistan.
- Protection of Religion and freedom of minority (Minorities can freely profess and practice their religion.)
- Independence of judiciary should be guaranteed
- Integrity of the territory and sovereignty of the country was to be safeguarded
It shows the protection of Islamic culture, Muslims, There lives, their rules accordingly described in Quran.
- How did the First Constituent Assembly of Pakistan manage to create a precise relationship between State and Islam? Justify your answer with any five relevant points. 5 Marks
The Constituent Assembly (1947-54)
The First Constituent Assembly of Pakistan came into existence under Indian Independence Act 1947, at the time of independence.
The authority which He has delegated to the state of Pakistan through its people for being exercised within the limits prescribed by Him is a sacred trust
- The state shall exercise its power through the representatives of the people
- Muslims shall be enabled to organize their lives in accordance with the teachings and requirements of Islam as set out in the Quran and the Sunnah
- Minorities to have freedom to freely profess and practice their religions and develop their cultures.
- Objectives Resolution passed by the Constituent Assembly on aims and objective of future constitution
- The interim report of Basic Principles Committee was presented to the constituent assembly.
- Interim report of the committee on Fundamental Rights of the Citizens of Pakistan matters relating to Minorities was adopted by Constituent Assembly of Pakistan. This report got a comparatively better response.
DOWNLOAD SOLUTION HERE